Join us for an unforgettable experience at the Nome Schoolhouse in Nome, North Dakota, where you’ll embark on a captivating safari while honing your needle felting skills under the guidance of renowned Needle Felting Sculpture Artist Teresa Perleberg from Bear Creek Felting.
The week will begin in the Mill, where you’ll learn the entire process of dyeing and carding your own wool roving for your unique felting project.
During your stay, you’ll have ample one-on-one felting sessions with Teresa, with several breaks to indulge in various adventures of your choice. These options include:
- Canoeing or kayaking on the picturesque Sheyenne River.
- Exploring local shops and boutiques, perfect for finding unique treasures.
- Visiting our favorite local winery, where you can savor exceptional wines.
- Embarking on a scenic hike to witness the natural beauty of North Dakota’s only waterfall.
- Alternatively, you can opt for relaxation and enjoy a good book from our extensive library or take a leisurely bike ride on one of our complimentary bikes.
The retreat commences on Friday, September 1st, with check-in starting at 5 pm. On September 8th, check-out will take place after a delightful lunch at 1 pm.
This all-inclusive retreat covers your transportation to and from the airport, a cozy and comfortable room at the Nome Schoolhouse equipped with a private bathroom, delectable meals, refreshing beverages, and the opportunity to partake in the aforementioned optional adventures.
Prior experience in needle felting is required, and if you have any questions regarding this, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Teresa will be more than happy to address any inquiries. Rest assured, all necessary materials will be provided for your creative endeavors.